It’s 1895 and the world was changed as we knew it. That year Dr. John Harvey Kellogg (the creator of Kellogg’s cereal) patented a process for creating peanut butter from raw peanuts. That set the tone for the next 100+ years of mastering the craft that is Peanut Butter. You love it, you hate it, but you always eat it. Sometimes one tablespoon just isn’t enough. Next thing you know you’re elbows deep in your last Epic Spreads jar. Yeah, I’ve had those PB blackouts to, it’s okay. This is a judgement free zone.
I was determined to create an ultimate peanut butter muffin that not only gave you the kick of peanut butter, but also was way easier to fit into your daily allowance. I didn’t hold anything back with these PB filled flavor bombs. I swear the aroma these give off well baking is enough to make your mouth water. Not only did I make the base a peanut butter flavor, but then I stuffed the muffins with Muscletech’s new PB soft baked cookie, Epic Spreads Toffee PB, and Reeses baking chips for a triple threat peanut butter overload.
Macros: Makes 12
Calories – 187
Fat – 6.3
Carbs – 23.5
Protein – 10.8
- 8 oz Low Fat Buttermilk
- 28g Lite Butter
- 2 Egg whites
- 1 Whole egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 60g Fat Free Sour Cream
- 56g Epic Spreads Toffee Peanut Butter
- 50g Truvia
- 60g All Purpose Flour
- 100g Old Fashion Oats
- 1.5 scoops Muscletech Vanilla Whey
- 12g Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 30g Reeses Baking Chips
- 1 Muscletech Soft Baked Cookie cut into small pieces.
- 18g Powdered Peanut butter
- Liquid to mix. I used water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt your butter, then once melted add in your peanut butter and combine.
- Then proceed to add in the rest of your wet ingredients. Grab a good whisk and combine everything. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, place in all of your dry mix. Only add in half of your chips and cookie. Mix until combined.
- Optional Step* Leave out the Oats in step 4, then using a sifter, sift dry mix into wet, then add in oats to help ensure even distribution of ingredients.
- Proceed to use your whisk to combine your dry with your wet. Part way through you can switch to a spatula to make sure you get everything off of the bottom.
- Spray your muffin pan with non stick cooking spray, evenly coating each holder. No one wants muffins sticking!
- Evenly place your batter into prepared pan. You should have 12 pretty full muffin spots.*Batter can be refrigerated to help thicken batter, but is not needed.
- Once batter is distributed, evenly place remaining cooking pieces and Reeses chips on top of muffins.
- Place muffin tray in the oven and bake for roughly 14-18 minutes.
- Once muffins have baked through, take out of the oven and place the pan directly onto a cooling rack. Let sit for 7-10 minutes.
- After 7-10 minutes, remove your muffins from the tray and place back on cooling rack to finish cooling.
- At this point, take your powdered peanut butter for your glaze and mix just enough liquid to get a nice runny consistency that will be able to drizzle well, yet not to runny that it’s to watery and run right off of your muffins.
- Either using a piping bag, spoon, spatula, or method of choice, drizzle, cover, dip each muffin in your glaze.
- This point, your muffins are complete! Time to dig in! Enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Bake muffins on middle rack or above. Cooking them on a low rack can cause bottoms to cook faster.
- Use the toothpick test to check if completely baked through.
- Look for the tops to start turning golden brown for a sign of being done.
- Peanut Butter Protein would work just as well in this recipe.
- These keep well in the fridge. I had them for 5 days.
- Heat in the microwave for 20 seconds for best eating quality.
Things you may need
MuscleTech Protein Cookie, Peanut Chocolate Chip, 6 Count
Truvia Baking Blend Natural Sweetener 24 OZ(Pack Of 2)
Reese’s Peanut Butter Baking Chips-10 oz
MuscleTech Pro Series Premium Gold 100% Whey Powder, Vanilla Ice Cream, 2.5 Pound
Quaker Old Fashioned Oats – 42 oz
Epic Spreads – Toffee Peanut Cashew Coconut Spread
Bell Plantation PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter, Net Wt. 16 Oz.
Pages you might like!
Cellucor Cinnamon Swirl Protein Review
Arctic Zero(New Flavors)
Charge On Bars
Flexible Dieting Intro
Thank you so much for reading! Stay tune as the step by step video is coming soon!
Be sure to follow me on the site here(subscribe), Youtube, Instagram, and Facebook to stay up to date with everything going on!