One of my absolute favorite things to do when trying to get inspiration for new recipes is to take recipe videos that I seen shared often on Facebook by Tasty, Delish, or various other pages and trying to make a healthier twist on it. That still holds true for today’s recipe as well. Today, we are using up those pesky browning bananas that you just don’t want to peel and eat anymore. To often I’ve seen people get rid of over ripe bananas, but if you don’t know already that’s when they are best for baking! Check out how to make this moist, dense, and rich double chocolate bread.
Calories – 249
Fat – 6.9 g
Carbs – 43.6g
Protein – 7.6g
112g Lite Butter
288g Mashed Banana
100g Truvia or granulated sugar of choice
50g Splenda Brown Sugar
115g Greek Yogurt
1 Whole Egg
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp kosker salt
1 tsp baking soda
35g Cocoa Powder
1 Scoop Muscletech Chocolate Whey
100g All Purpose Flour
42g Chocolate Chips
Preheat oven to 340 degrees.
Spray and prepare a bread tin. I placed a sheet of parchment in the bottom.
1. In a bowl place in your butter and sugars. Beat until combined.
2. Next place in your egg, yogurt, vanilla, and banana in the bowl and combine.
3. Now add in your flour, cocoa, salt, whey, and baking soda. Mix evenly, making sure all of your cocoa is distributed.
4. Now pour your batter into your prepared bread pan. Pour your chocolate chips evenly over the top of the batter then place pan into the oven.
5. Bake for roughly 40-50 minutes, checking periodically. Once the jiggle is out of the bread your done. Use the toothpick test to double check if done.
6. Take the loaf out of the oven and place on a cooling rack for at least 20 minutes to cool.
7. Once cool remove from bread pan and either allow to finish cooling or slice and eat!
You can get really creative with this bread. I’ve given you a fantastic base for playing with flavors! You could add fruits, nuts, peanut butter, any flavor chips you want to use, or anything else you can think of! I preferred putting this loaf in the fridge for awhile so the flavors set and it got cold.
Here are a few things you might need!
Good Cook 8 Inch x 4 Inch Loaf Pan
Checkered Chef Cooling Rack Baking Rack. Stainless Steel Oven and Dishwasher Safe. Fits Half Sheet Cookie Pan
MuscleTech NitroTech Whey Protein Powder, Whey Isolate and Peptides, Milk Chocolate, 3.97 pounds
Watkins Original Extract, Baking Vanilla, 11 Ounce (Packaging may vary)
Truvia Baking Blend Natural Sweetener 24 OZ(Pack Of 2)
HERSHEY’S Natural Unsweetened 100% Cocoa, Baking/Beverage, Gluten-Free, 23 Ounce Can
Nestle TOLL HOUSE Real Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz. Bag
Check out one of my recent videos!
Here are a few other pages you might like!
If you liked this recipe please give it a like and a share!