Something about a piece of pie covered in ice cream that just gets my taste buds going. I was cleaning out my freezer the other day and came across some frozen butternut squash. No idea why, but my first thought was instantly; let’s make a pie! Was debating on what would go good with the squash, so I got to thinking. Pumpkin is very similar, so I used that as more filling, then definitely want to incorporate all the usual spices, such as cinnamon and nutmeg. After that, you really can get as creative as you want! Enjoy this pie cold or warm(I prefer cold), as breakfast, dessert, or a snack whenever!
Macros: Makes 8 servings
Calories – 301
Fat – 8.6g
Carbs – 44.6g
Protein – 10.8g
Macros w/out crust: Makes 8 Servings
Calories – 201
Fat – 2.6g
Carbs – 32.6g
Protein – 9.6g
1 Pie crust Dough(Optional)
3.5c 100% Pure Pumpkin(Drained)
330g Butternut Squash(Drained)
44g Nitrotech Cinnamon Whey
50g Splenda Brown Sugar (Granulated Sugar of choice)
1 Whole Egg
2 Egg Whites
6 oz Sweetened Condensed Milk(Used a caramel flavor)
2 oz WaldenFarms Caramel Syrup
2oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
1.5 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 tsp Ginger
1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
Here is my review on the protein used in this recipe!
1. If using a crust, bake it to said directions. Once done take out and reduce oven to 325 degrees.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients in a bowl. Set aside
3. Food process your squash to turn more into a puree. Then use a cheesecloth to get rid of excess moisture. Drain the pumpkin with the cheesecloth as well.
4. Next in a big bowl add in your eggs and whisk well. Then add in your squash and pumpkin. Combine well.
5. Add in the rest of your ingredients, mixing well to ensure even distribution.
6. Pour pie batter into prepared crust, or prepared dish if going crust less. I had roughly 3/4c pie batter left over that I cooked crust less in a small ramekin.
7. Place you pie on the bottom rack of the oven and bake for roughly 30-40 minutes.
8. Once pie is done, pop out of the oven and place on a cooling rack. Once brought to room temp, place in fridge to cool completely and set.
9. Once in the fridge for a couple hours and chilled through, slice into 8 pieces and enjoy!
Here are a few things you might need!
Here are a few other pages you might like!