Most the time when fruit gets to ripe I get sad, cause of course I hate throwing away food. It’s the worst! Thankfully, my friend the banana just transforms into the amazing baking goddess that she is. Yes, my banana’s are shes. I just now made that up. Anyway, so I love when my bananas get ripe. It doesn’t happen to often as I eat them daily, but on the rare occasion that they do get ripe, I get excited. Banana is a high rated flavor for me, and it always pairs well with chocolate so that’s where I started. Looking through the cupboard I see a can of white beans. I haven’t baked with white beans since my first e-book. I had a few cans taking up space so I figured why not?
- Calories – 213
- Fat – 5g
- Carbs – 35g
- Protein – 11g
- Fiber – 3.5g
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Whey
- 60g Whole Wheat Flour
- 60g All Purpose Flour
- 250g Rinsed and dried Cannellini Beans
- 50g Truvia
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 250g Ripe banana (2 whole bananas)
- 3 oz Syrup(honey, agave, maple syrup all would work)
- 122g Unsweetened Applesauce
- 42g Melted Lite Butter
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Banana Extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 42g Chocolate Chips (I used semi sweet)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a 9 in pan with non stick spray(I used a spring form pan)
- Place your beans, banana, syrup, and butter in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Next add in your eggs and your extracts and blend once again.
- In a separate bowl sift all of your dry mix together to help ensure even distribution.
- Proceed to then pour dry mix into the food processor and blend until everything is incorporated. Use a spat to scrape down the sides if needed.
- Lastly, add in 28g of your chips and pulse just a few times to incorporate the chips.
- Pour your batter into your sprayed baking pan and place in the middle of the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. After 10 minutes, remove from pan and continue cooling.
- Once cooled, slice into 8 pieces and enjoy!
Here are some things you may need!
Be sure to follow me on Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube! Also don’t forget to subscribe to the site!
Here are a few other pages I thought you might like!