With spring right around the corner I am feeling ready bring in and welcome some lighter flavors. With warmer temps it typically bring in a wide variety of various fruits, vanillas, and other lighter flavor combinations. I had a load of fresh oranges which ended up being today’s inspiration. Working with fresh compared to artificial is almost always better.Got into the kitchen and whipped up these delicious Orange Cranberry muffins with a cream cheese frosting and toasted walnuts.
Macros per muffin : (makes 8)
- Cals – 144 cal
- Fat – 2.5g
- Carbs – 25g
- Protein 8.5g
Dry Mix :
- -100g All purpose Flour
- -20g Vanilla Protein
- -50g Truvia
- -3/4tsp Baking powder
- -1/4tsp Baking soda
- -1/4tsp Salt
- -1 whole Egg
- -122g unsweetened applesauce
- -3oz fresh OJ
- -1/2tsp orange rind
- -14g Canola Oil
- -5oz FF cream cheese softened
- -20g vanilla whey
- -4g truvia
- -1/2tsp vanilla
- -3G OJ
- -1/4tsp orange rind.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Sift Dry ingredients together in a medium sized bowl to help ensure even distribution. Set aside
- In a medium bowl whisk the egg until combined. Then add in the rest of your wet ingredients and whisk until mixed.
- Slowly pour your dry mix into your wet and mix until just combined.
- Place in 20g Cranberries or mix ins of choice and fold in.
- Place batter evenly into a prepared muffin tin. You can either spray with non stick spray or use muffin liners. Either or will work here.
- Place in the middle of your oven and bake for roughly 14 minutes.
- Check if done, once toothpick comes out clean remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Leave in the tin to cool for 10 minutes then remove and place back on the rack.
- Well muffins are cooling, place all of your frosting ingredients into a medium bowl and mix well.
- Now here is where you can do two things. Either just spread frosting on your muffins, or grab out a piping bag and get a little creative with your decorations!
- Additional toppings could include toast nuts, orange zest, dried or fresh fruit, and powdered sugar are just a few!
Here are some things you might need!
Be sure to follow me on Youtube, Facebook, and Instagram!
Here are a few more pages you might like!