I love bananas. I would say I don’t go many days without one. Good quick carbs, low fat, great tasting, and they go so well in baked goods. I know many people that throw bananas away once they turn brown, but not me. I freeze them so I have them for a rainy day(in this case, snowy day). Bananas in cooking can help replace fat source, and even a flour in some products(like pancakes). They also will help a natural sweetener to the product. This bread is a great mix between rich banana flavor, moist chewy bread, and wraps up with a fruity chocolate finish. Serve bread cold, or slice and toast to serve warm. Its fantastic paired with your favorite peanut butter and fresh cup of coffee.
So, grab those brown bananas and lets get baking!
Makes 12 servings.
Servings are optional depending on how you would like to cut it up, and depending on how you bake it. Want to make individual portions? Pop the batter into lined muffin tins for single serve banana bread muffins.
- Protein – 6.5
- Carbs -14.6
- Fats – 2.2
- Calories – 92
Macros will vary depending on type of protein powder, sugars, or other toppings you use. Some substitutions you might be able to make, applesauce for Greek yogurt, whole eggs for flax eggs or egg whites, and coconut flour for almond flour.
- 190g mashed banana or two whole bananas
- 2 whole eggs whisked
- 150g Plain 0% Greek Yogurt
- 1 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp Banana Extract
- 28g @muscletech cinnamon protein
- 30g All Purpose Flour
- 42g @almondpro (almond flour)
- 50g Truvia(or other sugar source)
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8th tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 20g Dried Fruit of choice
- 30g Chocolate chips of choice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add all your wet ingredients together, and combine well.
- Sift your dry together, then add to your wet well mixing. Leaving out half of your chips and Cherries to top the loaf. Mix until combined.
- Poor batter into prepared Bread loafs (I used two small ones) and bake in the oven for 25-35min.
- Once done, remove and set on cooking rack. After 5-10min take out of pan and return to rack to prevent carryover cooking.
- Once cool cut into 12 equal slices and enjoy!
There you have it! It’s that simple!!! Absolutely amazing flavor, moist, rich, and most importantly macro friendly! This bread should be kept cold as it has dairy involved in creating the recipe.
Things you may need:
Here’s some links you might also enjoy!