So, I love muffins. I dislike all of the fat that is usually accompanied with them. They are so good, with so many different flavor combos. Unfortunately, I don’t travel out to get them as they take a toll on my macros. Lucky for you all I can do a bit of baking! I whipped up these Orange and Cherry muffins well keeping in mind, LOW FAT!
Well…… I came through guys. 100 calories for these delicious muffins. Actually 94 cals to be exact!
- Cals – 94
- Fat – .8g
- Carbs – 10.1g
- Protein – 7.5g
- Fiber – 2.3g
- 4 Scoops GNC Orange Lean Shake(Can use regular protein but will need to adjust. Lean shake is 104g total grams of powder, but it also has some carbs/fiber with it. Might just need to add in more of a fat source going straight protein)
- 21g Coconut Flour
- 10g Truvia or granulated sugar of choice
- 14g Splenda Brown Sugar Blend
- 8g SF FF Vanilla Pudding mix
- 138g(3svg) Liquid Egg whites
- 200g 0% Plain Greek yogurt
- 40g Dried Cherries
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4-1/2 Orange Extract(more extract if not using orange protein powder)
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl place your protein, coconut flour, sweeteners, baking powder and pudding mix. Combine all ingredients well.
- Next place in your eggs, vanilla, yogurt, and orange extract. Combine into dry mix.
- I then placed 15g of my dried cherries into the mix and stirred well.
- Place batter evenly into a sprayed muffin tin. I got 10 total. Adjust for macros and desired size.
- Place remaining cherries on top of each muffin,. I averaged 2-3 per muffin.
- Place on the middle rack of your oven and bake for 15-18 minutes. Baking times vary from protein to protein.
- Use the toothpick method to check if done. Once Done, pull out and place on cooling rack.
- After 10 minutes, remove from muffin tin and place back on cooling rack to finish baking.
- EAT ALL THE MUFFINS!
Thanks for reading! If you liked this recipe I bet you would love a copy of my Healthy E-Cookbook found here!
I also thought I would add this recipe as well ! Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cake Donuts
Be sure to follow me on Instagram @the_flexilbe_baker and like my Facebook page to!