I woke up this morning in a panic! I realized it had been to long without donuts!!!! I knew I had to change that ASAP. Then began the mission.
I had a open can of pumpkin that needed to be used so I knew what must be done. See, in my house pumpkin season is all year. Forget that only in fall nonsense.
Lets get started!
Tools to get the job done:
- Donut Pan
- 1/8th Teaspoon
- 1/4th Teaspoon
- 1/2 Teaspoon
- 1 Teaspoon
- 7g Coconut Flour
- 20g Cake Flour
- 6g Brown Sugar Blend
- 1 Scoop Vanilla Protein(26g) I used ETB. To save 30% head over to http://www.etbfit.com and use the code ‘chron30’
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4th Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 69g Liquid Egg Whites or 1.5 egg whites
- 21g Lite Butter (Melted)
- 90g Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp(24g) Dollop Salted Caramel Frosting(melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl place all your dry mix and combine well
- In a separate bowl place all wet mix and combine well
- Slowly add your dry mix into your wet mixing as you go until combined
- Spray your muffin pan with non stick spray and pour in your batter
- Place in the middle of your oven for 8 minutes
- Remove and set on cooling rack for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes remove from pan and place back on rack to finish cooling
- In a small bowl place your frosting and microwave it until it becomes runny
- Dip each donut in the frosting until everyone is covered
- **Optional step. Top with your favorite toppings! Half I covered in crushed cinnabun cereal and the other half I topped with pumpkin spice morsals! Yum!
Please let me know what you think! Feedback is critical!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram as @the_flexible_baker or on Facebook as The Flexible Baker. Also, I would love to see your creations so be sure to tag me in them!
I also thought I would share some recent posts with you!
Have a great day everyone!