Sometimes you just gotta love chocolate. Super easy macro friendly muffins. Let’s get right to it. Remember to follow me on IG @the_flexible_baker and be sure to like my Facebook page as The Flexible Baker!
Macros per Muffin:
- Calories: 79
- Fats: 2.1g
- Carbs: 7.5g
- Protein: 8.5g
- Fiber: 1.7g
Tools you will need:
- Muffin pan
- Non Stick Spray
- 2 bowls
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 2 Scoops Chocolate Casein Protein. I used Cellucors new kind
- 15g Coconut Flour
- 10g Coco Powder Unsweetened
- 6g Truvia Baking Blend, or other granulated sugar
- 15g Whole Wheat Flour
- 9 Chocolate Stars
- 1 Teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 100g Greek yogurt plain
- 1 oz Waldens Farm chocolate syrup. Not necessary
- 6oz Almond milk
- 1 Whole Egg
- 92g Liquid Egg Whites
- 61g Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Lets get Baking!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray Muffin pan
- In one bowl place all dry mix except stars and combine
- Separate bowl, whisk egg until yolk and whites have mixed. Then add in the rest of your wet ingredients.
- Slowly add dry mix to wet mix and combine well
- Once mixed, place 1 scoop of the mix in each muffin holder. (Recipe makes 10)
- Chop your chocolate stars into smaller chunks, Roughly 6 smaller pieces. Place 2-3 pieces in your muffin tin.
- Place remaining batter in your tins. Place remaining chocolate pieces on the muffins evenly.
- Place in oven for roughly 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Once done, remove and place on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove and place back on rack to finish cooling.
If you want to check out my latest protein bar review, here ya go! Think Thin Products