What I have for you today is my little take on Boston Crème Donut, made into a cake!
Very moist vanilla cake , stuffed with a vanilla yogurt, and topped with a thick chocolate pudding frosting.
Lets get started!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In one bowl place:
- 10g Brown Sugar ( I used splenda’s)
- 1.5 scoops Vanilla Protein(I used Eat the Bear. Use chron30 to save 30% on your purchase at http://www.etbfit.com
- 14g coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 20g All purpose white flour
Mix till combined.
Next, in a separate bowl place:
- 60g Fat free sour cream
- 62g Unsweetened applesauce
- 69g Liquid Egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 10g 0 cal Waldens Farm Pancake Syrup (Not needed)
Mix till combined.
Next, mix dry ingredients with wet till well incorporated.
Place in a sprayed baking dish, roughly 6in wide. Baking tin doesn’t matter really as it will cook in anything, just watch your baking times.
Bake for roughly 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Place on cooling rack. After 5-7 minutes, take cake out of dish and place back on cooling rack to finish cooling.
Next grab 2 more bowls.
In one place: (frosting)
- 1/2 scoop of Chocolate Protein (I used Cellucor Casien)
- 5g Coco Powder
- 2g Truvia baking sweetener(any granulated sugar)
- 10g Waldens Farm chocolate sauce(not needed)
- Enough water/milk/almond milk to make into frosting consistency
In the other place:(filling)
2g Truvia baking sweetener(any granulated sugar)
1/2 scoop Vanilla Protein( I used etb vanilla)
1 tsp Vanilla
110g 0% Greek Yogurt
4g Vanilla SF FF pudding mix
10g Waldens Farm pancake syrup (optional)
Mix together until combined.
Once Cake has cooled, grab a knife and either cut it in half, or into 3 layers.
Begin spreading your filling mix onto the layers of your cake. Once spread, stack your layers on eachother re building your cake.
Proceed then to spread your frosting on the top of the cake. Depending on how big you made your cake you can either frost just the tops, for a donut feel or spread it along the sides as well.
There you have it! That is my rendition of Boston Crème. I know my ‘vanilla custard’ needs work to actually make it seem like your eating custard but it is a work in progress!
Macros for the entire cake are : 680 cals / 8 fat / 66.7 carbs / 80.6 protein