Usually when people associate taking a protein supplement the first thing they think of is Whey. Then maybe egg or milk, then soy, followed by numerous different plant sourced proteins. To often Beef protein is overlooked or not mentioned.
I thought I would write just a bit about beef protein, why I like it, benefits, and some products I would recommend.
Couple reasons why I like to add in Beef protein into the mix,
- Usually very low in fat, and usually no saturated fat. Makes it very easy if you just need to hit a protein mark without using up other macros.
- On a biological level, beef protein ranks right at the top along with egg and whey
- Typically beef proteins are very low in sugar and overall carb count. Again making it easy to use as just a protein macro marker
- With carbs and fats very low, it makes the beef protein easier to digest, and beef protein is broken down in the stomach vs the intestines which helps avoid that swelling sensation some might experience when drinking whey.
- You can also find extra vitamins/minerals, and creatine in beef powders.
- You can still cook/bake with beef protein
A few products that I could recommend would be
-Carnivor by MuscleMeds —- Also their carnivore muscle brownies are fabulous
– Paleo Protein by MHP
-Beef Protein Isolate by Olympian Labs
I have used all of those brands with great success. They all are very low fat and low carb which makes it awesome for me as I find myself using them towords the end of the day to hit lacking protein. Since they are also low fat low carb they would make a great post workout shake as the body isn’t getting caught up on digesting anything but the protein.
I plan to start incorporating more beef protein into my baking as well, so stay tune to see some new recipes coming featuring beef!
Going to include a nice little article I thought was a good read as well. Dives in deep about protein in general. http://www.jssm.org/vol3/n3/2/v3n3-2pdf.pdf