Where ya at, where ya go, its peanut buttah jelly time, peanut buttah jelly time.
Ever since I can remember growing up a staple was PB&J. You just couldn’t beat it! So easy, so many different kinds of jellys and jams. Smooth peanut butter, crunchy peanut butter, it didn’t matter. Slap it inside some bread and I am happy. Good lord if only I was up on my peanut butter game back then like I am now.
It had been quite some time since I had made some doughnuts, and I recently picked up some low fat buttermilk so I figured now was better time than any.
Lets get started,
- Preheat oven to 350, spray donut pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, place 12g Pb2, 16g Brown Sugar(I used splenda version), 10 splenda packets, 32g peanut butter protein(I used PES), 100g All Purpose flour, 1/4th tsp salt, 1 tsp baking powder. Mix everything well.
- In a separate bowl melt 28g Butter(I used Lite). Add into your dry mix and start mixing slowly.
- Add in 1 whole egg, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla, 5 oz low fat buttermilk. Continue to mix until well incorporated.
- Spoon mixture into your doughnut pan. Place in oven at 350 for 15min
- Use toothpick test to check in done. If it comes out clean you are done. Pull doughnuts out and place on a cooling rack.
Now, you can eat you doughnuts as is and the macros would be 131 cal/ 2.8 f / 19 c / 8p
or you could then add a frosting/drizzle. Since the fat is low, a real simple option would be to melt some chocolate chips then dip your donut in it. You could Also mix a scoop of protein with either water, syrup, or cream cheese and make a frosting.
I decided to make a peanut butter frosting using PB2 and maple syrup. I placed 18g of PB2 in a bowl with enough 0cal syrup to mix it. Just a splash of water to help thin it out just slighty. I then covered 2 donuts heavely with the mixture. I prolly could of made enough frosting for atleast 3 donuts. Then I added 10g of Strawberry jelly on the top to each donut. Last final touch for me was 15g Jif PB&J cereal to cover the outsides of the both donuts.
Final Macros for donuts w/out cereal: 171 cals / 3.9 f / 26 c / 12 p
These turned out so dang good! Best doughnuts I have made to date that is for sure.
Make sure to follow me on IG @the_flexible_baker